Collections Project – Part VI: constructing a prototype and designing the interiors

I started constructing a paper prototype for my dolls house just to get an idea of how I wanted the rooms laid out and whether paper would work as a building material for the inside floors and walls. (I later ended up going for foamboard for the whole construction as it was a bit sturdier and easier to build with). I quickly sketched out some interiors.

 

Once I got a rough idea of how I wanted the interiors to look, I started collaging them, starting with this ode to Lichtenstein for the Pop Art room.

I then scanned everything into Photoshop and played about with textures and the positions of the paintings until I was happy with it.

I then printed all the interiors onto card and stuck them to the individual foamboard pieces I had already measured and cut before gluing the whole thing together and sticking a roof on. Ta daaa!

13320348_636686736485659_6219715193182088228_o

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s